Re: Spitfires

To: tr3driver@comcast.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Spitfires
From: McGaheyRx@aol.com
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 19:30:16 EDT
In a message dated 5/26/2005 6:23:05 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
tr3driver@comcast.net writes:

The  geographical center of the "lower 48" is generally given as  Lebanon,
Kansas.  Breckenridge, CO is far closer to Lebanon than any  VTR to my house.

Pick 3 cities on each coast and compare driving distance (by fastest route
at the speed limit) to Breckenridge and here's what you get :

San Francisco  1198.15
San Diego   1018.4
Seattle  1299.8

Portland, ME  2157.20
Virginia Beach 1861.10
Palm Beach, Fl  2092.10

and the east coast cities are an average of 864 miles farther away.

Look at a  map of the lower 48 and consider where people are  driving from
and I doubt you'll try and tell me that Colorado is "only  slightly" west of
the
center.

If you look at a *full* US map, Breckenridge is actually way,  way east of
center !

Augusta ME, lon 70W
Breckenridge CO, lon  106W (36 deg west of Augusta, ME)
Kure Island, HI, lon 178 W (72 deg west  of Breckenridge, CO)

Right you are! I guess we'd better start lobbying for a bridge to Hawaii so
we can drive there to a National Convention - until then we must have a
convention in Alaska !
Cheers
Jack Mc