RE: [TR] Speaking of questionable eBay listings...

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] Speaking of questionable eBay listings...
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 09:27:23 -0700
> But the real question is just because a car has only 2500 miles on it is it
> worth nine grand?

Good question !  It's certainly not worth that to me, but some people just can't
resist the allure of "new old stock".  And as always, a car is worth what people
are willing to pay for it.

There probably aren't many TR4s left in the world with only 2500 miles on the
clock, so this is a very rare car.  Put it on a pedestal and look at it ... what
is it worth ?  But if I was looking for a car to drive (and I always plan on
driving my cars); I'd be more interested in one that is regularly driven and
maintained.  Neglect and time kill cars more than miles, IMO.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org