Re: [TR] Buying Long Distance: Tips?

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Buying Long Distance: Tips?
From: Aldwyn <aldwyn@sylvancircle.org>
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2006 19:46:40 -0400
WOW!!

I can't believe the amount of response I received in just 12 hours!

Thanks SO MUCH to everyone for offering their stories, advice, links for
places to check, and especially to those offering to look at a car for me
if it's in their area.  All of you guys are amazing, and I never expected
such a response!

I am currently a member of VTR... joined a couple of days ago (which is how
I found out about this list), but I dont see any place on their web site
that lists sales.  Am I missing something?  I haven't received my first
copy of the magazine yet, but I know there are for sales in that.

I have not joined the local chapter... I figured I would wait until after I
had bought the car, but perhaps that is the wrong decision, and maybe I
should go ahead and join.  (TRAC is my local club, as John pointed out...
just missed their big show last weekend!  I had planned to go when I
learned about it a couple of months ago, but had something come up where I
couldn't attend).

Speaking of which, is there a good listing anywhere of local to Baltimore
area shows?  I am a fan of LBCs all around, anyway (Started when I was a
kid and my dad had a Austin Healey Bug Eye), so it's be fun even if they
were not many TRs.

To answer a couple of questions, and to be more details on what I am
looking for:

I am in Columbia, Maryland, which is a southern burb of Baltimore.  We are
close to be right smack in between DC and Baltimore.  SO central Maryland.

What I am seeking is a TR6 in dark blue (My wife likes the French blue, but
this is going to be MY car!  Ha!) or BRG if I cant find a blue one I
like.  If I end up with a Spit, same deal... dark blue, and if I cant find
one I like, BRG would be my next choice.  Year doesn't make much difference
to me, really.  But I am leaning more toward the TR6.

Wire wheels on the TR6 would be a plus, but if I buy without, no big
deal... I'll add them later.

Again, thanks SO much to everyone for responding!  It's amazing to see how
helpful this community is!  I hope I am able to get to the point where I
can share my own stories and tips at some point in the future.

Peace,
           Aldwyn

===     http://www.vtr.org