Re: [TR] Buying Long Distance: Tips?

To: aldwyn@sylvancircle.org, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Buying Long Distance: Tips?
From: TR6UO@aol.com
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 11:16:00 EDT
In a message dated 8/3/2006 5:43:48 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
aldwyn@sylvancircle.org writes:

Aldwyn,
I bought a TR4A in Calgary and my current TR6 in Bellingham, WA. In both
cases, I had several conversations with and lots of pics from the sellers. I
went and looked at both cars and had them shipped to California. What I spent
in
time and travel I saved in unplanned refurbishing and repairs. I also brought
 the bulk of the purchase price in a cashiers check and the rest in cash to
give  myself some flexibility in the negotiations. I wasn't sure what I would
find and  didn't want to lock myself in to the asking price.

As the other posts suggested, ask for help from this list to screen your
prospects and then go look for yourself at the promising ones.

Good luck!

Steve
'72 TR6

===     http://www.vtr.org