Re: [TR] Buying Long Distance: Tips?

To: "triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Buying Long Distance: Tips?
From: "Jack Williams" <jackandangie@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 09:26:53 -0500
I bought my TR6 off of ebay. The guy was really easy to work with and sent
pictures of everything I asked about ( a bunch). He finally uttered the
Golden Phrase "If it's not what you expected, then we'll call the whole deal
off" and so I hit the buy it now button. I paid 4K for it, went to Houston
and drove it home to Dallas. Before you put any cash down, make sure you get
that golden phrase though. As somebody else mentioned, get someone off the
list that's in the area to go look at it. These guys here are great, and I'm
sure that if there is someone in the area of the car they'd be more than
happy to go look at it and give you an impartial look.

Jack