RE: [TR] Thinking of Getting a Modern Car

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [TR] Thinking of Getting a Modern Car
From: John Wise <60TR3A@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 19:18:27 -0700
>Of course it's my opinion that the labor unions are more to blame than
>management ... which maybe only shows there is plenty of blame to go around.

I have spent a total of six months as a union member (two summer jobs
while in college), but I am offended when the people who make the
mega-bucks in bonuses (not anyone on this list I am sure) blame those
"selfish union guys."  Who was it that signed the contracts with the
Unions, are they not equally guilty???  W

As a over-educated researcher & academic I am now working with some
young colleagues in my current company who make about 10% of what I
do here in the States.  In the rush to save money I have never heard
any of the guys at the top suggest we out-source their jobs!  I find
it hard to believe we cannot find a guy or gal in India or China who
could not do a better job and would die & go to heaven for $500K/yr.

In my not so humble opinion management deserves more blame than the
guys at the bottom who were doing what any capitalist would do -
i.e., ask for the maximum for the minimum!!!

John

--
John A. Wise
Glendale, AZ