Re: [TR] Thinking of Getting a Modern Car

To: cfisher@borgwarner.com
Subject: Re: [TR] Thinking of Getting a Modern Car
From: jar@aldermanroad.net
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 17:54:22 -0500
All this talk of the connections between the Miata and other Japanese
sports cars and British sports cars tells me that what I have felt for
many years is true.  The management of the British car industry is
pretty poor.  As an American management team concluded a number or years
ago in re. the British motorcycle industry, which likewise went to the
Japanese: management gets the labor it deserves.

Clearly the British engineers and automotive designers were on top of
their game, but management failed to follow.

Is there a message in this for America?

Cheers.