Re: [TR] Thinking of Getting a Modern Car

To: <BearTranserv@aol.com>, <bbrewer@tvwireless.net>,
Subject: Re: [TR] Thinking of Getting a Modern Car
From: "Michael Marr" <mmarr@notwires.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 13:18:48 -0600
> I dropped in at my mechanics over the weekend and he had a 2000 XK8  with
> only 22,000 miles on it.  Engine had jumped time and cratered itself
> while
> idling in the driveway.  Anyone know what a new engine will  cost?
>
> Robert B.  Houston

According to Cherry Autoparts Network,
(http://cherry-auto.proxsoft.com/engines_and_engine_parts/18.html), between
$5,000 and $8,500, depending upon miles, including shipping to Naperville,
IL.

I have a vague recollection that there may have been a factory service
bulletin regarding the timing issue.

Michael Marr
1960 TR3A
2000 XK8