[TR] Anal retentives and Trailer Queens addition

To: foxtrapper@ispwest.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Anal retentives and Trailer Queens addition
From: Dennis N Culligan <dncullig@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 14:07:19 -0500
"Nolan" wrote:
>I keep meaning to make a nice sign that says something like "hop in" or
>"come explore".

 In the most recent (February 2007) issue of
Hemmings Sports and Exotic Car (which seems to
be leaning more heavily towards sports cars
these days), in a monthly feature called
"Drivable Dreams", the owner of an original,
unrestored, driven 1958 Jag XK120 mentioned
that he posts a sign in his car at shows saying
"IT'S OK TO TOUCH THIS CAR".
   I have not hesitated to let people sit in or
closely inspect my car, including (well behaved)
children (I *will* shoo away the little brats on
bikes).  If they don't get to sit in, look at
and dream about these types of cars as children,
who will want to continue the hobby when we're
all worm food?

Dennis Culligan / 1976 TR6 CF57948U - TR6IUMPH/ Highland NY

===     http://www.vtr.org