[TR] Trailer Queens and tribal fractionation

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Trailer Queens and tribal fractionation
From: Brian Jones <brianjone5@mac.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 21:34:01 -0500
I'm new to this TR community, and I admire the passion you all hold
for these adorable cars. I read that there are divisions in what is
he 'proper way' to own a Triumph. I think there is no proper way to
own a Triumph. There is just your way, whatever that is.

When I motorcycled in the US, I never understood the disrespect
Harley Davidson riders gave all other motorcyclists. This was crisply
delivered in the refusal of the HD riders to respond to the wave -
the on-road acknowledgment - of other riders not on Harley
Davidsons.  My belief that we who motored on two wheels, contrary to
the norm...the dreaded cages....had more in common as motorcyclists
than other motorists, was misplaced. Even in a minority transport
community such as motorcycling do we find reason to differentiate,
divide, and even hate, thereby weakening ourselves.

So here is my point: please remember its the delight of owning these
adorable cars that unites us. How we express that joy - as ratty
cars, daily drivers or trailer queens, is unimportant. We are all
united in keeping real, in our own voice, a beautiful marque that is
still possible to own and maintain affordably, and have a lot of fun
while at it.

Cheers everyone, and lets keep our eye on the big picture: keeping
these cars alive.

Apologies if I offend anyone.

Brian in Valley Forge
1963 TR4