Re: [TR] Trailer Queens and tribal fractionation

To: brianjone5@mac.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Trailer Queens and tribal fractionation
From: MMoore8425@aol.com
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 22:04:08 EST
In a message dated 1/18/2007 6:35:02 PM Pacific Standard Time,
brianjone5@mac.com writes:

I'm new  to this TR community, and I admire the passion you all hold
for  these adorable cars. I read that there are divisions in what is
he  'proper way' to own a Triumph. I think there is no proper way to
own  a Triumph. There is just your way, whatever that is.

When I motorcycled  in the US, I never understood the disrespect
Harley Davidson riders  gave all other motorcyclists. This was crisply
delivered in the  refusal of the HD riders to respond to the wave -
the on-road  acknowledgment - of other riders not on Harley
Davidsons.  My  belief that we who motored on two wheels, contrary to
the norm...the  dreaded cages....had more in common as motorcyclists
than other  motorists, was misplaced. Even in a minority transport
community  such as motorcycling do we find reason to differentiate,
divide, and  even hate, thereby weakening ourselves.

So here is my point: please  remember its the delight of owning these
adorable cars that unites  us. How we express that joy - as ratty
cars, daily drivers or  trailer queens, is unimportant. We are all
united in keeping real,  in our own voice, a beautiful marque that is
still possible to own  and maintain affordably, and have a lot of fun
while at  it.

Cheers everyone, and lets keep our eye on the big picture:  keeping
these cars alive.

Apologies if I offend  anyone.

Brian in Valley Forge
1963 TR4

Excellent post Brian. Years ago in one of the sports car magazines, there
was an article dedicated to etiquette. Some cars should always wave firts; for
instance a spridget should wave first to an MGB, and MGB should wave
first to a Jaguar etc. etc. I never was wable to see if anyone followed
this. Seemed snobbish, but there were some interesting exceptions-seems  like
no
English car waved first to a ferrari, but a TC alwats got first  wave
Best, Mike Moore

===     http://www.vtr.org