Re: corner workers

To: ibexbob@ptdprolog.net
Subject: Re: corner workers
From: S800Racer@aol.com
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 1999 20:19:49 EDT
In a message dated 10/7/99 5:23:34 PM, ibexbob@ptdprolog.net writes:

<<To All,  It has been standard SVRA POLICY that-ALL- corner workers, Tech.,
& T&S people are invited to all welcome parties.>>

    I probably jumped the gun a bit on this thread.  I do not have any
personal, inside information on policies of event organizers and sanctioning
bodies regarding corner workers and other volunteers that make the races
possible.  My comments were probably more broad than they should have been.
Bear it in mind that I race with other groups and not just SVRA.  My comments
may have given the impression that I was referring to SVRA.  Again, it was a
general comment in reaction to what I had been told and I am not referring to
any specific group or event.
    In this regard, I am guilty of pointing fingers without having first-hand
information.  I am chagrined to recall that Bob Williams and I had a
conversation this past weekend about people on the list doing just that and
how dumb we thought it was.  Bob, I hope I am allowed an occasional foot in
the mouth.
    What I really want to say, and what I meant to convey in my posting to
the list is that we as competitors can do much more than just wave on the
cool down lap to show the workers we appreciate what they do.  We can do
things for the corner workers regardless of what the event organizers do.  I
expect that the event organizers and sanctioning bodies would also be more
than willing to cooperate and assist us with such activities.
    My apologies to anyone who was offended by my posting.

    Doug Meis