Re: corner workers

To: <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: corner workers
From: "Tony Clark" <lotus.tony@airmail.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 1999 17:35:17 -0500
At the Mansfield Louisiana track, many years ago, I was running in a long
race in a formula vee.
There was lots of clear track ahead and I was just racing myself when I
noticed a flurry of activity by the corner crew at the next turn . . . they
all ran together and were doing SOMETHING frantically with a long stick or
piece of lumber . . . A poorly strung phone wire had suddenly drooped down
about windshield high over the track . . the workers were holding it up a
couple of feet and they probably saved my neck . . literally.     I didn't
just wave at those guys, I blew kisses  .  .  . every lap!
Tony