Re: GT6 suspension mods

To: Hugh Barber <trnut@cwnet.com>
Subject: Re: GT6 suspension mods
From: Larry Dent <lwdent@fwi.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2000 08:42:36 -0500
See my longer message on Gp 44 and the GT 6, but I know for a fact that
Gp 44 did NOT use anything but standard diff and hubs, but the trick was
the heim ball in the middle of the spring eye, and that was NOT legal
with SCCA, but was hidden so well that no tech inspector every
discovered it. Without that heim for free articulation the spring arc
would break the diff or the hub.  they were plenty strong, but the
intersection arks of the rear arm and spring would interfear with each
other once you took out all the rubber bushings and replaced with nylon
or what ever.

I was the only one who ever know about this outside of Lankie and Bryan,
since Bob T was my very close friend (still is, Just spent an hour on
the phone with R.T. last week) and gave the ok for me to see all the
tricks on the car as I was building one as close to Bryan's as possible.

This aint bull shit folks, I was there and done it.

Larry Dent