Re: Old Volkswagens welcome at Vintage races?

To: GRMMail@aol.com, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Old Volkswagens welcome at Vintage races?
From: "" <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 17:32:03
   There was a bug turning some pretty quick laps at Road America a
   couple of years back...

   I also remember a beastie called the "Heishmann Stinger" that was
   pretty ferocious at autocrosses in the Washington DC area back in the
   60s... I wonder if there are any left? If memory serves the Stinger
   was a beatle balanced & blueprinted (like a Formula Vee) with exhaust
   extractor, camber compensator, and more aggressive rubber. You could
   get it from the dealer (Heishmann) and If I'm not mistaken it still
   carried the Veedub warrantee)

>From: GRMMail@aol.com
>To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
>Subject: Old Volkswagens welcome at Vintage races?
>Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 11:07:01 EST
>
>A reader asked us this question:
>
>"Are old Volkswagens (bugs, Ghias, type 3) welcome at vintage races? If so,
>what clubs?"
>
>I seem to remember there being quite a few judson supercharger kits and
>speed
>parts sold for these critters in the sixties.
>
>Thanks!
>
>Per
>Grassroots Motorsports magazine
>http://www.grassrootsmotorsports.com

Greg Petrolati Champaign, Illinois       1962 TR4 (CT4852L)