Re: Honesty

To: <MHKitchen@aol.com>, <simon@mondes.com>, <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Honesty
From: "Carl McLelland" <carlynneracing@home.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 23:16:38 -0800
Speaking as a traffic cop and Accident Reconstructionist: I have yet
to work an accident where the use of seat belts/harness increased
injuries, and I've yet to work an accident where being ejected
decreased severity of injuries. The same holds true for all the rest
of the safety gear we use. The better protected the better chance you
have of survival. Keep in mind though; some accidents ARE NOT
survivable.

As a fellow racer: I'll strap in and wear/utilize all the safety gear
I can get hold of. And then I'll race defensively. Sure, I'm like
everyone else out there..... I want to win. But I'm not going to win
if I'm the first person to the scene of the accident!

Following that, well, when it's my turn in the barrel...........

    RACE SAFE!!
        Carl
        CSRG #247 series 1 Sunbeam Alpine