RE: Honesty

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Honesty
From: Sadek Charles H DLVA <SadekCH@nswc.navy.mil>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 13:55:36 -0500
I was at the race in Hockenheim - just arrived in Germany a week or so
before.  Crowd was very subdued.  I hadn't learned German yet  and didn't
really understand much of what was going on.  But back then, "everyone" died
racing.  It was much more accepted and expected in Europe.  Remember, it was
only 22 yr. after WWII - VN has been over since 74?  And most US citizens
didn't serve in VN (or the military) and the US didn't experience what the
Europeans did in their lifetimes up to 1967.. Death was very familiar to
everyone over, what, 28 or 29?  Different times.

Chuck Sadek
YS73