Re: Honesty

To: chkangmd@qnis.net, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Honesty
From: Tombread@aol.com
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 07:17:39 EST
In a message dated 2/27/01 1:02:21 AM US Eastern Standard Time,
chkangmd@qnis.net writes:

> the latest stuff?:hard Styrofoam, molded into a curved form.
> That soft stuff that squeezes between your fingers is for show only.

The "latest stuff" which isn't yet available is made of a material with
crosslinked molecules, called molecuthane and has impact dispersion
properties 4X that of conventional foam.  It is self sealing, doesn't
"bounce" the impact, spreads the shock laterally rather than just cushioning
from point of impact and rebounds to original thickness almost instantly.  It
feels like an extremely dense cellular material but a bit rubbery.  It has to
be molded, and roll bar padding will eventually be produced.  Right now the
stuff is being tested as "ShockGard" for eventual use as soft wall systems.

The Easley Vintage Grand Prix
IRP, October 6-7, 2001
Proceeds to the American Red Cross of Greater Indianapolis

Tom Butters
The Greens Fork Group
Creative communications
765.886.5098
No City in the history of racing has ever hosted the four greatest events of
their kind,
as we do here with the Indianapolis 500, the US Grand Prix, the Brickyard 400
and the NHRA US Nationals.