RE: Honesty

To: "'John.Desantis@inficon.com '" <John.Desantis@inficon.com>,
Subject: RE: Honesty
From: Jim Hill <Jim_Hill@chsra.wisc.edu>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 13:15:24 -0600
John Desantis wrote:

>For the Historically impaired please - who
>was Jim Clark and what did he race?

I knew something like this would happen eventually - you've just made
everyone on the vintage-race list feel 20 years older . . .

The short answer is that JC is on virtually everyone's list of the top
half-dozen race car drivers of all time - and would be ranked #1 by some. A
Formula 1 world champion and Indianapolis 500 winner, he drove virtually
anything on wheels - from Ford Cortinas to Galaxies, from Lotus 11's and
Elites to Formula 1. One of the races at the most recent Goodwood Revival
consisted entirely of cars he'd raced at one time or another.

Think I'll go take another liver pill . . .

jrh