Re: Datsun 510

To: Bakeryoung@aol.com, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Datsun 510
From: JWoesvra@aol.com
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 09:38:48 EDT
In a message dated 6/18/01 6:30:32 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
Bakeryoung@aol.com writes:

<< Under a
 lockup condition I crack a connection to the master cylinder and the front
 brakes release.  I replaced the master cylinder with a rebuilt unit and The
 same problem exists.  Any ideas out there? >>

A brake hose that has deteriorated on the inside can cause a check valve
effect. If you have old hoses, check them. Have you checked to see if all or
just one brake is locking up? If all it is all of them, then the problem is
likely still in the master cylinder. Did you change anything or did the
problem just come on when things were normal before?

Jack Woehrle