RE: Datsun 510

To: "John A. Rollins" <nobozos@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: RE: Datsun 510
From: "Jim Gambony" <BritBits@tiu.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 22:29:05 -0500
My '61 Morris Mini "feaux S" had the self locking front brakes, courtesy of
internally swelling front brake hoses.

Replacing them with stainless braided hoses eliminated that problem.

So yes, Girling/Lockheed hoses will deteriorate too (surprise, eh? :-)

Cheers,

Jim

ps.  My local "expert" assured me that sillycone is not the way to go for
brakes on a race car although he did concede that it'd be ok for clutch
hydro-leaks.

Anyone running a "potent" vehicle with front discs and silicone?  I have
seen 120 mph in the Mini at TWS (1275 S block, 11:1, 45DCOE and header) so
there's potential for putting some heat into the fluid, especially on a
"cool" Texas day (100+ in the shade :-).