Re: Datsun 510

To: BritBits@tiu.net, nobozos@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Re: Datsun 510
From: JWoesvra@aol.com
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 08:05:01 EDT
In a message dated 6/18/01 8:36:14 PM Pacific Daylight Time, BritBits@tiu.net
writes:

<< Anyone running a "potent" vehicle with front discs and silicone?  I have
 seen 120 mph in the Mini at TWS (1275 S block, 11:1, 45DCOE and header) so
 there's potential for putting some heat into the fluid, especially on a
 "cool" Texas day (100+ in the shade :-).

If you call 120 mph FAST, yes , our Mini & Wolseley do that at most tracks. I
think a Mini is about as under braked as you can get. 7.5" rotors, LD20
calipers. They get pretty hot and the silcone still works for us.

I believe there is a lower ultimate heat failure point than with the Racing
fluids, but we don't seem to reach it. I doubt if we come close to the cheery
red condition that you see on "real" race cars like GTP and Nascar stock cars.

I don't believe silicone is for everyone. I just don't think it should be
universally rejected either.

Jack Woehrle