Re: Datsun 510

To: <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Datsun 510
From: "MalcolmCox" <malcox@attglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 23:00:31 -0700
> I've checked the stroke on the master cylinder and it is fine.
Hmm I wonder!

I had an identical problem. It was so bad that after coming in to the pits, the
pads were stuck to
the discs, needed 10 minutes to cool off before I could drive away.

After I took the Girling master cylinder to pieces, it was clear that the
return valve closes within
a surprisingly small travel, going from memory perhaps as small as 1/16".

>From which I decided that if the piston has ANY pre-displacement from the
>front stop, its too much.
So now I set it up so that the push rod has about .020 clearance before it
makes contact with the
piston.
Cured the problem.
Regards