Re: Question about HSR

To: "Hugh Barber" <tr6nut@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: Question about HSR
From: Nicholas Froome <listreader@pvision.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 14:27:42 +0000
I don't know how you operate over there but I think that in the UK if a car was
accepted for a race (ie, received a race entry), had raced with the organisers
before, had legal tyres and passed scrutineering, the organisers would have a
hard time excluding you

I race with the HSCC who operate an invitation class for non-legal cars, but
all cars must file a VIF (Vehicle Identification Form) with the club, run legal
tyres, pass scrutineering and qualify to race

I think that walking away is entirely the wrong attitude. Surely if the car is
legal it should race - and if it's not, and has raced before under a waiver of
some kind, then there should be club records to that effect. Walking away
weakens everyone in the sport - organisers included

I think that if the organisers still don't agree after you've got a ticket from
the scrutineers, looked at the regs and had a sit-down with the organising
committee and the Clerk of the Course, it would time to file a protest with
your regulatory body. If the new Comp Director wishes to reinterpret existing,
unchanged rules then this interpretation can of course be challenged via the
protest mechanism of the appropriate body

Nick Froome
http://www.bolide.co.uk