Re: Question about HSR

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Question about HSR
From: Derek <dereklola@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 10:01:11 -0800 (PST)
Wouldn't it would be nice to hear the other side of the
story? We've only heard Hugh's version - but a lot of
people seem ready to condemn HSR purely on that basis. But
that's nothing new - happens every winter.

I sympathise that anyone is upset at any event in what is
supposed to be part of an enjoyable hobby - but there were,
to me, a number of inappropriate points in Hugh's
complaint. I posed a number of questions in an email which
I intended to copy to the List but apparently I hit "Reply"
without realising that this would send it only to Hugh (and
I didn't keep a copy). I hope Hugh will copy it to the List
- hopefully with some answers.

I'll just quote one example. He seems upset that an
official would question the safety or acceptability of the
car "after it has already passed Tech Inspection" - bear in
mind this incident apparently happened the day before the
event started. Anyone making such a comment doesn't
understand too much about racing procedure whether vintage
or not.

Finally a bit of amusement. This incident relates to an
English sports car with a Chevy engine. Is it pure
coincidence that our friend's email address is TR6 Nut with
an email provider called SBC (which I believe stands for
Small Block Chevy)?

Over to Hugh.

Derek