Re: Choices...

To: "Diana Wilson" <goldenmaia@onebox.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Choices...
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2001 15:14:01 -0400
What kinda fluid?

Let's face facts; these are old cars and many need work. They are not for
the faint of heart unless you buy someone's restored car and hoping they did
it right or of course you do it yourself or sometimes you get very lucky. I
chose the self restoration route.

If you expect to get in and drive and not have any problems I think you are
mistaken. These cars had problems when new especially with their shitty
emissions equipment. I recently met someone at Joe Curto's who had a new 2L
and told me all of the problems he had with it. 60s cars aren't as reliable
as new cars.

Either you are willing to do the work or dig into your pockets and have
someone else do it, or sell it.

I've met too many people who buy old sports cars and expect them to be like
new cars - Forgeddabout it!!!!!!! Buying someone's old car can be like
opening a can of worms - I know many of you know from what I speak, that's
why the term PO is so commonly referred to.

While I do empathize with your disappointment you should have expected
something to happen unfortunately.

I hear the same tales of woe in my MGB club and many of us just shake our
heads. What did they expect?

I hope you fix your car and keep it, but don't expect this to be the last
thing to go wrong. A word of caution.

Mike