Re: Choices...

To: "Diana Wilson" <goldenmaia@onebox.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Choices...
From: "Paul" <9laser3@bright.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2001 16:20:02 -0400
  Most of us started as novices, either with a roadster or some other early
sports car.  Hang tuff.  these little cars take some getting used to and a
bit of time each spring to sort everything out.  Even though I drove my 1600
home the day I bought it, It underwent a long rebuilding process after that.
And that process is still in motion now, five years later.  Every year I
rebuild a bit more.  Fix something new that just broke, and I always try to
add something each year to make it look better.  Right now it is in my
garage with a newly machine head and a valve job.  Saturday I buttoned
everything up and was ready for a drive.  But it wouldn't start!  Two
friends later, about 10:00 that night, it started.  not running real well,
but it started.  Ran for maybe a minute, and the it blew the new gasket on
the thermostat housing out and sprayed everything with antifreeze.  My
fault!  I used a bolt that was too short instead of getting the correct stud
for the job.
  This years 'look good' project is a soft top.  I have survived five years
with out one (the last two year I had a hard top but I hate it!).  One of
these years I'll start working on chroming the bumpers and grill.
  So, enough rambling.  DON'T SELL!  Unless you really really really need a
non-break down car.  These roadster are too much fun when they run.  A few
unexpected repairs just make for lasting friendships and new stories!!

Paul
OROC
BTW, So what is leaking?