fot

RE: Head Sealing Problem?

To: "rgk" <rgk@flash.net>, "Russ Moore" <rem@cbord.com>,
Subject: RE: Head Sealing Problem?
From: "Bill Bartlett" <billbartlett@homerebuilders.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 15:08:35 -0500
Have you tried or considered additional shrouding around the engine?
I have found the following to be significant in reducing engine temperatures:
1. Aluminum radiator
2. Cleaned Aluminum Radiator
3. surge tank
4. oil cooler
5. shrouding
6. retarding the timing (boooooooo hissssss)
7. lifting the right foot (booooooooo hissssssssss)
8. Putting the electric fan behind the radiator
9. eliminating the electric fan altogether
10. reducing the engine friction
a. before my last engine rebuild the temperature was rising in every race to
where I would indeed have to raise the right foot.
b. When we pulled the engine we found significant friction between the parts
c. The rebuilt engine even under full load ran cooler

11. Watch the drafting

Those might be a little out of order on the priorities but food for thought
Bill B