fot

Re: Head Sealing Problem?

To: "fot@autox.team.net" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Head Sealing Problem?
From: Gasket Works USA <gasket.works@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 16:40:43 -0600
So...

I have always contended that the liner height is critical.  Indeed I think what
really matters is the loaded liner height.  Is it possible that liners can
fatigue or for some unclear reason settle in the block to a lower level once
loaded/compressed?  Possibly measuring ok unloaded but, compressing to 0 deck
height once torqued?

I think there is a pressure sensitive material that can be placed upon the
liners.  Once the head is torqued down and then lifted off an indication of
compressed contact is visualizable.. different colors represent different
contact pressure.

md