fot

RE: Head Sealing Problem?

To: "'rgk'" <rgk@flash.net>, Russ Moore <rem@cbord.com>,
Subject: RE: Head Sealing Problem?
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 10:56:50 -0800
I don't recommend the aluminum radiator that Cambridge Motorsports sells.
Look nice, but is very fragile and doesn't help that much with cooling.
Instead, go to a radiator shop that can manufacture custom radiators. I
got a great one made for the cheater for about 200 bucks that solved all
my problems (well, all my cooling problems) in fact I had to block off
part of it because it was cooling incoming water so much that the
thermostat cycled temperature too much. After a lot of experimentation
with bypasses and ports in the thermostat, no thermostat, orifices and
fazzammas I block off a third of the radiator with aluminum sheet on the
back. A problem you'd probably like to have.