fot

Re: Head Sealing Problem?

To: "Larry Young" <cartravel@pobox.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Head Sealing Problem?
From: "jaboruch" <jaboruch@adelphia.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 21:10:57 -0500
Larry, the only way that I can get my heads to seal using steel shim
head gaskets is to use copper wire O-rings around where it seals to
the top of the liners, as well as between the water jacket and the
lifter valleys.

Your problem sounds more like the cracked head that I had at Watkins
Glen in September.  It blew so much water out of the overflow that it
overflowed all over and ran out of water.  The head had been cut about
220/1000 and was way to thin.  It had 7 clearly visable cracks, but
one that was quite large.  Joe(B)