RE: rule changes

To: <Dale.Clay@mdhelicopters.com>, <ed@vetteracing.com>,
Subject: RE: rule changes
From: "Russel Mack" <rtmack@concentric.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 23:08:57 -0500
Dale:
your perspective on the sidewind problem (resultant wind vector, airfoil
angle-of-attack) may be very insightful, and very useful-- especially for
streamliners.  If there is not a flaw in this idea somewhere, then the goal
is just to create a shape (when viewed from the top) that is an airfoil
which is particularly insensitive to angle-of-attack.  Aero design books
show a lot of candidate designs.
Russ, #1226B