RE: Suspension

To: <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Subject: RE: Suspension
From: "Russel Mack" <rtmack@concentric.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 17:01:48 -0500
Dave:
thanks for the references.
Russ, #1226B

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Dahlgren [mailto:ddahlgren@snet.net]
Sent: Sunday, October 12, 2003 1:17 PM
To: Russel Mack
Cc: land-speed@autox.team.net

For a guy like you that is probably more mathematically accomplished than
me..
You too MayF
"Fundamentals of Vehicle Dynamics" is a good start.
Thomas D Gillespie wrote it.. SAE press.. I think it has a workbook that
goes
with it as well.. SAE actually has tons of good info on this subject and
there
is a ton of good software that is not expensive if you would rather avoid
the
math and just get the answer. If you go to the PRI show there are some very
good
seminars on this subject as well sponsored by motec that give both theory
and
practical applications with ideas on instrumenting for it all. I was hoping
go this year but commitments do not allow for it.

I don't know where or if i still have a copy but the GM power book used to
have
about 50 pages of useful little nuggets on chassis in the back of it as well
and
not so mathematically challenging. I have learned and forgotten about 3/4 of
what little i know about chassis setup at various short tracks in the
northeast
from 1/4 to 5/8 mile asphalt stuff when i had more boyish looks so to
speak..