Re: suspension

To: "John Goodman" <ggl205@yahoo.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: suspension
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 18:12:50 -0500
I want a chaulk board!!!....

I've got Tuning to win and your right it's a great book.... I've also read
some of Morgan's books on chassis set up....

Dave recommended the following from Carroll Smith and I had a bit of trouble
finding them but ended up getting all four from Amazon.com

Prepare to win
Engineering to win
Tune to win
Nuts bolts and fasteners

Some of what Dave is saying about engineering up front makes sense... but
ultimately you still have to build within the confines of the given package

I can see building a lakester with everything focused around a central
waterline of the car... and I can picture developing that waterline at the
center of the crankshaft..  what I'd like to see on a chaulk board is how
all of the suspension components would act on that central point
longitudinally in the car.... and how the front suspension which is lower
would be engineered to focus it's energy at a higher altitude to be in the
same plane as the rear suspension....

Keith ( I'm a very visual person.... draw me a picture and I can understand
about anything )