Re: Fuel Injection Question

To: List Land Speed <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fuel Injection Question
From: Bryan Savage <b.a.savage@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 14:01:11 -0700
Interesting question.
For most automotive stock based N/A engines running gas,
I  don't think it makes much difference. Dave D. says high
fuel pressure will help which makes a lot of sense.
At extremely high rpm's stuff that would kill hp in a stock base
engine works wonders.
The Honda 1,200 hp 91 cid F-1 turbo motor had the injectors
about 4 inches from the valve and in about 3 inches of that run
hot exhaust gas heated the runner to vaporize the chemicals in
the fuel they called gas.
This worked very well at 16,000 to 20,000 rpm with a zillion
pounds of boost.
The 2000 Ferrari F-1 motor has it's injector spraying into the
beginning of the individual port ram tubes. The nozzles are as
far away from the valve as possible. Again I suspect this is
because of the high rpm.

Sooo, to quote Mr. D. :
  'It all depends on the combination your are using'
(very loose quote)

Bryan