Re: Budget

To: baldycotton@pop.mindspring.com
Subject: Re: Budget
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 1998 00:01:48 -0400
baldycotton@pop.mindspring.com wrote:
> if I keep it like it is, it will continue to go up in value.

  Unfortunately this isn't true. Cars like this tend to peak
in value at about 20-30 years old. It works out to be such that
when the people who were about 15 then are middle aged now, that's
when demand is highest. (the old "wanted one when new and
now I can afford it" syndrome)

  Sadly, when the cars get older than that, the people who really
want one aren't in the correct age group to actually BUY one
and the demand falls, taking prices with it.

  Look at older cars like Model A and T fords for a pretty
sad example. At one time pristine examples could pretty much
name their asking price, but how many people today really
say "I want a classic car, and I want it to be a Model A!". Not
many, nowadays most people say "I want a classic car" so they
get a muscle car or perhaps an LBC.

--
Trevor Boicey, Ottawa, Canada.
tboicey@brit.ca, http://www.brit.ca/~tboicey/