Re: Budget

To: baldycotton@pop.mindspring.com
Subject: Re: Budget
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 00:59:21 -0400
baldycotton@pop.mindspring.com wrote:
> And Model A Fords are of a
> totally different era (I suppose you can classify it as a larger car) and
> are not going to attract a "fun" factor like a sports car (of any era).

  To be honest, I don't think any pre-F MG qualifies as a sports
car to the people of today's generation.

  Sorry if that's blunt, but it's true. When you borrow your mom's
corolla and it outperforms your MGA in every way, I think you start
to see your MGA as a "cute little convertible".

  Don't make a big flame out of this, I am just talking about
people of today who didn't grow up with As.

  Sports cars of today are turbocharged rice burners with all
wheel steering and all wheel drive. Having plastic windows isn't
"sporty" in the 90s, it's just quaint.

> glimmering chrome wire wheels

  Chrome is pretty much the desires of the older set, not really
appealing to most of the younger crowd.

  Case in point, go to a dealer, like say, a Chrysler dealer. Look
at the Chrysler Minivans, then have chrome strips, chrome grilles,
and so on. Target market, old farts.

  Then look at the Talon TSi or the Stealth. Serious drool factor
to those who grew up watching Seinfeld, and the only chrome you'll
see is the barrel of the cigarette lighter.

  When you drive by the local kids they may say "ooooh!" but
it doesn't change the value of the car unless they grow up
wanting one enough to buy one. That just isn't happening that
often.

--
Trevor Boicey, Ottawa, Canada.
tboicey@brit.ca, http://www.brit.ca/~tboicey/