Re: Budget

To: Ben Ruset <bruset@home.com>
Subject: Re: Budget
From: "Blake M. Wylie" <bwylie@hiwaay.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 22:33:04 -0500 (CDT)
At 06:22 PM 6/15/98 -0400, Ben Ruset wrote:
>Naah. People's tastes have changed. Take me for example - I'm 20, going on 21.
>I'm looking for a good 2nd car. Most people my age would be looking at
>something Japanese, sporty, and cheap. I look at Jaguars! British cars have an
>unfair stigma about them - and at least in America most British cars have
>endured a lot of DPOing, or were mangled from the factory (BL Jaguars). When
>people see that most of the "fun" accessories and aftermarket parts for Jap
>cars can be bought localy, this also serves as an incentive to buy something
>Japanese.
>
>I for one am glad that Brit cars are not mainstream. It gives me something
>different to drive than all the other people my age.
>
>BEN RUSET - ICQ # 10364973 - http://members.home.com/bruset
>The MGB Haven & MG Cars Webring  - http://members.home.com/mgbhaven

I'm 21...I just had my first wreck...my everyday driver (not my fault...BTW).

Soo...What I'm going to do is make my '70 MGB my everyday driver (get a
hardtop for the winter...electronic ignition...yadda), and use the insurance
money to get an MGA (weekend driver).  I have a guy who is working with me
on paying it off over a good time period.  All I have to do is put up the
down payment with the biggest part of my insurance money.  Call me stupid,
but I don't care...I'll still be grinnin.  :P  (imagine having an MGA as a
backup driver to your MGB...I'm gonna be lovin it!)  :P

The greatest thing I think about our British cars is that they aren't
mainstream with people our age, as Ben said.  (plus the chick magnet factor
goes way up...sorry to offend those women on our list  :P  )...heh

Anyway...I'll see you all out on the road!  :)

Blake Wylie
1970 MGB
1961 MGA 1600 (very soon)