Re: Budget

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Budget
From: Charles N Horton <carolus@MIT.EDU>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 09:01:51 EDT
>> And Model A Fords are of a
>> totally different era (I suppose you can classify it as a larger car) and
>> are not going to attract a "fun" factor like a sports car (of any era).
>
>  To be honest, I don't think any pre-F MG qualifies as a sports
>car to the people of today's generation.

Back in high school, one of my friends drove a Miata and more than
one person I knew had a "mechanic's speacial." (special, excuse me;
I can't erase on this terminal)k

BTW, a 200hp V-8 conversion will dust off your average souped-up
Honda, given that they have the same weight (roughly) and the
Honda fours won't make 200hp without serious mods (forced
induction AND nitrous, etc.) The average one running around with
a 9 inch exhaust probably makes 125-150hp. I would *love* to
see the look on the guy's face when a 20 year old car, looking
completely stock, shows him the tail-lights!

In fact, 200hp for 2000 pounds is good by any standard these
days. Compare: A Z28 has 300hp for 3000 pounds.

As for "sporty" cars with four-bangres... Toyota Celica,
Honda Prelude, Mitsubishi Eclipse (base model, non-turbo),
Escort ZX2, Cavalier Z24, blah blah blah...

The main problem is that people these days don't work on
their own cars and fear the British makes as unreliable :(

Charles.