Re: Concours (was Front Valance colors)

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Concours (was Front Valance colors)
From: "David Breneman" <idcb@airborne.com>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 10:44:02 -0700 (PDT)
ptegler@cablespeed SEZ -

>       Maybe it's only my personal experiences, but it truly seems
> like the less you use them, the more they rebel, and want to be
> finicky, new leaks start, and stuff breaks.

That's the nature of mechanical devices.  If they aren't used,
they get "bed sores".  One of the simplest, most elegant expressions
of this I've ever read was in the owner's manual for a Victor
Victrola, circa 1910's:

"The Victrola thrives on use."

'Nuff said.  :-)

--
David Breneman                     | "Just because something doesn't
Distributed Systems S/W Analyst    |  do what you planned it to do