Re: OFF TOPIC-computer advice

To: "MG list" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: OFF TOPIC-computer advice
From: "Monte/Jane Morris" <montejane@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2007 00:18:51 -0500
Thanks for all the advice about computers and/or virus protection. As Barry
suggested, I have tried earlier versions of the AVG, but with our dial up
situation it always "times out" before getting completely downloaded.
Several of you suggested that avast software will work on my present
configuration and according to their website it should. I'll try this first
and if that doesn't work, I'll just hook up my laptop to the desktop monitor
and internet connection. It sounds like these solutions are the most cost
effective and the least trouble. Thanks again and I'll echo what David said
about this list being primarily a source of MG material, but also an
abundance of collective knowledge on many varied subjects. If we put the
"OFF TOPIC" message in the subject line we can choose to open the mail or
not, depending upon our own particular interests. I personally feel that I
have many "friends"  on this list that I can turn to for expert opinions
about "stuff" I'm really deficient in, although I try not to ask for off
topic advice very often. I have often told people about my experience with
this group, and that they need to be a part of some BBS so they can get savy
advice when needed. Thanks again.
Monte