Re: OFF TOPIC-computer advice

To: MG LIST <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: OFF TOPIC-computer advice
From: Eric Erickson <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2007 16:46:03 +1030
On 20/01/2007, at 2:09 PM, Councill, David wrote:
> I still
> shake my head when people try to say how much better a Mac is compared
> to Windows. I'd use my Mac more if I could get it to do more.

I think you need to ask more questions (or even "think different"
about how you are trying to accomplish a task)- can you suggest
something you are struggling to do with a Mac that you can do with a
Windows machine.  I really can't think what you may be having trouble
with when comparing such an out of date operating system with OSX -
even Microsoft decided that Windows needing trashing in favour of
Vista (which is already out of date and they haven't released it).

I have been using Macintosh stuff since the late 80's - and now with
OSX most of our geekiest techs (at an ISP recognised as a geeky ISP)
have gone to Mac.  The founder/owner of the company (and inventor of
the original Internet toaster - check Wikipedia) has always been Mac
so it must have SOMETHING going for it :-)

Most criticism of Macs is out of date (harking back to pre-OSX days)
and I think these days it is really very valid to suggest a change to
Apple if someone wants a good, secure computer/OS option.

Eric