Re: OFF TOPIC-computer advice

To: Simon Matthews <simon.d.matthews@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: OFF TOPIC-computer advice
From: David Breneman <david_breneman@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 10:59:46 -0800 (PST)
--- Simon Matthews <simon.d.matthews@gmail.com> wrote:

> As a Linux user myself, let me suggest a slight modification to
> your suggestion:
>
> Ubuntu Linux.

Hi, Sinom -

I've been using Suse 10.x for about a year and a half and have
been very pleased with it, although I have read some good things
about Ubuntu.  If Novell really is getting in bed with the Devil
I may need to switch to Ubuntu eventually.  Prior to that I used
Red Hat, but they've pretty much abandoned the desktop.  Prior to
*that* I had an HP-Apollo workstation, but HP-UX 9 had troubles
after Y2K and HP abandoned the Motorola CPU.  Prior to *that* I
was using a couple of AT&T 3B2s which ran first SVR2 then SVR3.
Never used Windows in my life except when I had to access a
specific application that ran under it.  In fact I never touched
a DOS box until about 1990, and I've been using Unix since
1987 - VMS a couple years before that.  Never liked Microsoft
stuff.  Little toy computer OSes.  :-)

David Breneman         david_breneman@yahoo.com

Bored stiff? Loosen up...
http://games.yahoo.com/games/front