Re: moss box

To: "Vandergraaf, Chuck" <vandergraaft@aecl.ca>
Subject: Re: moss box
From: "Ernest(Chip) Brown" <ebrown@ms.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 09:09:19 -0400
Given how expensive these transmission bits are, I agree with Chuck that the
theatrics probably aren't worth it. I can tell you that my "new" clutch and
gearbox performed flawlessly at Poconos Raceway this past weekend. On Sunday I
had a five lap dice with a 64-year old Aston Martin that left me singing in my
helmet after the checkered flag while cooling off on the back straight. Sublime
experience. The other Morgans there included Bill Ruhl and Jake Jacobson:
they're faster than I am, but I doubt they had more fun than I did. Weather was
great, but nippy (25 degrees early Sat.), which meant a bit less power and a
couple of extra flats on the SUs to add a bit of richness. Hope our friends at
Oceana, where Hank Giffen and his very fancy '59 Plus 4 were holding forth, had
as good a time.

Chip Brown