Re: [oletrucks] Welding

To: <dcvjrv@flashcom.net>, "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Welding
From: "G. Simmons" <gls@4link.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 15:47:33 -0800
Hi Jim,

>Now for the question.  What type of welding should I start with - mig, tig,
>arc, ???.

Mig is both the easiest and most practical for automotive purposes.

You can't really arc weld a car, except the frame/suspension.  Gas welding
is almost as limited, although I do some brazing on body panels.  A cutting
torch, however, is a very handy thing to have.

Tig is nice, but slow, and the equipment is expensive.

Go Mig, young man.

Regards,

Grant S.