Re: [Tigers] "POS" carb

To: "'Would U. Believe'" <mcdangerous@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] "POS" carb
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2010 21:07:05 -0400
        Port in the phenolic spacer, must be a Boss 302 part, is for the PCV
hose.

Converting to an alternator is not that hard unless you are going for the MK
II stock look which would really require buying a MK II wire harness and the
correct relays and parts.  I did write up an article "Alternator conversions
for Dummies" and I am a dummy when it come to many electrical things.   The
wiring will look stock for a MK I but with an alternator.

Cast Iron exhaust manifolds can be welded.  I had to clean an clear the
threads in the manifold then made a brass bolt
to put in the threads and welded the crack with cast iron welding rod.  The
hard part was finding a welding supply shop that had cast iron welding rod
in stock that day.

Ron Fraser