autox-cm

Re: Proposed Rules Change

To: Mark Sirota <msirota@isc.upenn.edu>
Subject: Re: Proposed Rules Change
From: washburn <washburn@dwave.net>
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2001 21:31:27 -0500
Mark Sirota wrote:
> Reverse is a fundamental part of the gearbox that comes installed in
> any Formula Ford.  There are a few different common gearboxes, but they
> all include reverse, as reverse is required by the FF1600 rules.
>
> Removing the reverse requirement makes non-standard gearboxes that
> much more likely.  And what would be the benefit?

Thanks for the info, I was not sure and thought that perhaps most FF's
did not have it.  Given that this is a normal and common thing, I agree
that there is no motivation to eliminate the requirement, and that it
could potentially create more cost/work for everyone.

Pat

///
///  autox-cm@autox.team.net mailing list
///