autox-cm

Re: Proposed Rules Change

To: CM<autox-cm@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Proposed Rules Change
From: Dick Rasmussen <rasmussend@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 06:01:53 -0400
At 09:34 PM 4/9/01 -0400, anne & greg wrote:
>I noted that Fastrack in the April SportsCar has a proposed rule change that
>would impact CMod.  It would eliminate the requirement to have an operational
>reverse gear.  See item 11 on page F-48.
>
>Personally I am not in favor of this proposed change as it is inconsistent
with
>the GCR requirements for Road Racing on which our class is based.  Also I
don't
>see the need for such a change.  What does the rest of the class think?
>
>Greg,

I personally cannot imagine not having reverse available. I have paid good
money to replace broken mirrors so that I can see when I need to back up
without a "guide" available to direct me.

That said, unless there is a significant performance issue, I don't mind if
other CM cars don't happen to have reverse.

Dick Rasmussen
CM 85
85 Van Diemen RF-85 Formula Ford

///