autox-cm

Re: Proposed Rules Change

To: Hottvr@aol.com, gvav27@home.com, autox-cm@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Proposed Rules Change
From: Dick Rasmussen <rasmussend@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2001 22:36:40 -0400
At 09:59 PM 4/9/01 EDT, Hottvr@aol.com wrote:
>It doesn't really impact me much. I can never find reverse anyway?????????
>And if I could find it? I would be afraid of backing over a little guy like
>Dick R in the paddock!!!!!

My "problem" is somewhat different. I can find reverse, but thanks to the
mirrors I have, I can avoid cutting giants like Mike B off at the kneecaps
with that nasty rear spoiler on my car or impaling him with the exhaust
pipe (GRIN). Actually, I'm so little that I don't have the strength to back
the car up hill(grin).

I read a post on another list that said the Texas Tour course was 1.25
miles. Bruce D's 87 second time means his average speed was over 50 mph.
Andy Hollis said that in his 1.6 liter Miata he used a bunch of 3rd gear
and a bunch of 1st gear. An AS Honda S2000 driver said on the S2000 board
that he was "in V-TEC a lot in 3rd gear". According to the little I think I
know about S2000 gearing and when "V-TEC" comes in, that may mean a lot of
time over 70mph in a stocker. Any guess how fast Erik S was going in the SS
Vette Z06? Sounds like my 103 mph 4th would have been useful:-)

Dick Rasmussen
CM 85
85 Van Diemen RF-85 Formula Ford

///