Re: C4 Vette

To: dg50@daimlerchrysler.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: C4 Vette
From: WHEELSPNR@aol.com
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 1999 11:10:47 EDT
Let me weigh in on the Vette\SCCA chat here ...I've found lots of animosity
in the local vette club here (st louis) to the point where several vette
drivers absolutely will not attend an SCCA event.  Main reason I'm given is
small, tight courses (WRONG !! the vette courses are much tighter than
SCCA's), and they don't want to work !  Biggest reason - but not openly
mentioned, is their ego's are damaged when a great neon or miata driver
smokes them !!

Maybe something happened when I wasn't around to cause this ... but the fact
I race both venues makes me "undesirable" to some vette club members.
Neither club is "my life", but i enjoy both.

After getting smoked at nationals in SS, I redeemed myself at Peru, IN the
following weekend with all vettes ..  many of which would NOT be competitve
in DS !!

I'd sure like some theories why so many vette people dislike the SCCA so
much.  I have two lines of thought on this ... one, if you're in a class of
one with the vette clubs, you win a trophy !  I've never seen so many
trophies given out in my life !!  Second thought is probably what's really
true ..  I look at the vette racers (not all - no flames pls) ... as Class A
ball --- and the SCCA as the major leagues.  Not all make it to the majors ..
but in this case - and not in baseball, everyone can at least try ...  sounds
to me if they feel they cannot get a trophy -- why try !

JC